Join the New Castle County League
Help us make democracy work
WHO ARE THE MEMBERS?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
To hear current members of the League of Women Voters of New Castle County share their stories, please click on the video below. (The text may say "Sorry...this video cannot be played here," but if you click on "Watch on Vimeo," in the blue box, you will indeed see the video.)
LWV of Delaware: Members Speak from Nancy Breslin on Vimeo.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
Through participation in League, you will
- receive an informative newsletter 10 times a year
- support a lobby for good government; maybe even lobby yourself!
- help register voters
- make new professional contacts
- develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
- represent the League at local government meetings
- learn about important issues in our community and
- support the National League that stands up for good government on a
HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications. We always can use more help with one of our Committees. See the What We Do
page for specific suggestions.
WHAT DO I GET?
You automatically become a member of LWV Delaware and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the New Castle County League of Women Voters called The Voter
which is published 10 times each year. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
HOW DO I JOIN?
If you join the League
between January 1st and June 30th of any year, your membership dues will cover the fiscal year beginning July 1st of that year.
With Credit Card by PayPal -
Select the membership type below, fill in your name(s) and interests, and click on the "Add to Cart" button to pay using PayPal. You don't need to have a PayPal account.
Or By Mail -
Please print and fill out this Membership Application Form and mail with your check to:
League of Women Voters of New Castle County
2400 W 17th St.
Clash Wing, Room 1, Lower Level
Wilmington, DE 19806-1311
Contact us at 302-571-8948 or email the Office Manager
if you have any questions.
If you prefer to donate to us without joining our organization, we would appreciate your support. Visit our Support the League page for member or non-member general donations.
Give a Membership Gift...consider making a gift of membership to a special person in your life.
- A daughter, son, spouse or partner The community needs everyone's participation in order to be a strong, safe, fair and vibrant place to live. You can add a member of your household for only $25.50 more than what you've already paid for your individual membership. If the person is a student the cost is only $15.
- A friend You love the League; a friend who loves the same things you do will probably also love it.
- A colleague at work Together we can effect change on the local, state and national levels.
- A recently retired or just about to be retired friend or colleague Retirement doesn't need to mean the end of productivity. Retirement offers us the time to work to make things better in our community and in our nation.
- Give a gift now! Click membership gift form to share the good.